So many completions this week (and last)!
Michelle built another bike wheel trellis out of 100% reclaimed materials. It consists of a palette board, 4 bent bike wheels, and it’s tied together with bike inner tube! Then we dug down and packed it into the earth. The hard luffas are liking it.
I have some silicone on my hand as I type because I just finished the overflow spout on the rain barrels. (We found some old silicone caulk in the basement and revived it using a corkscrew.) It’s a 4 barrel system hooked together using PEX tubing, something I haven’t found anyone using. It’s more weather resistant than PVC, doesn’t leach as many chemicals, and there’s no sealing the tubing. There’ll be more to come on this as they get filled and we figure out how we need to modify. We already had to address some issues with plumbers tape. I’m hopeful everything is in order.
Also as I type, Jon is finishing the twine on the tomato trellis, built with large fallen sticks from the woods and a biodegradable sisal twine.
Things are going well, and there’ll be more updates in the coming days, especially on a local farmer series we’re putting together.